Auvillar, Tarn-et-Garonne, Occitanie

Homepage Forums Travel Auvillar, Tarn-et-Garonne, Occitanie

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Annie Sargent
    Keymaster

Today my husband, daughter and I took a day trip to Auvillar an hour north of where we live. We hadn’t visited a new place since October, so it was great to be out and about and in such a cute village! There were at least 100 other visitors there which was surprising in a good way. Auvillar has been on the radar because it’s a finalist for the 2021 “village préféré des français” and we had such beautiful weather today! I took the electric bike and took quite a bit of video, I will do some editing and publish it in the next few days. I wasn’t sure how the video camera would do on cobblestone, but it wasn’t too bad. I’ll let you be the judge. In the meantime here are a few photos. I hope you’re hanging in there and able to do some local visits where you live. I’d love to hear if you do!

My electric bike in front of Auvillar's iconic circular covered market

My electric bike in front of Auvillar’s iconic circular covered market.

In normal times the space underneath the arcides would have been full of tables and chairs and visitors enjoying cafés and restaurants. Alas, they were all closed due to Covid. We brought a picnic and I’m happy to report that Auvillar provides several picnic tables and public bathrooms.

Check out the pilgrim with his staff visiting Auvillar, a stop on the way to Saint James of Compostella.

Jenny
    Participant

I swear I just posted a reply to this but it isn’t showing. I will try again.

Jenny
    Participant

Ok, so it doesn’t seem to like my photos. So here’s the text.

Local is a relative term for us. Anything within a day’s drive is fair game. A few weeks ago we visited the Town of 1770, which is about 5.5 hours away. The main purpose was to visit the light house which we did on a full day LARC tour. The LARC is an amphibious vehicle.

Annie Sargent
    Keymaster

5.5 hours away isn’t too bad when I put my American thinking cap on, but as a French person that seems like so far away!

Thanks for letting me know about your photo troubles. Did you cliick on the Visual tab? Then use the icon circled in red. Let me know if that works for you!

Jenny
    Participant

Thanks Annie. Yes, that’s what I did but I also was trying to add 2 photos. I’ll just try one and see if that works.

Bustard Head lighthouse

Jenny
    Participant

Aha, success!

Annie Sargent
    Keymaster

Beautiful lighthouse! Yes, it seems one photo at a time works 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar