Bonjour de l’etat de Washington!

Homepage Forums Introduce yourself! Bonjour de l’etat de Washington!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Judi
    Participant

Bonjour,

I am so excited to join this group.  I discovered JoinUsinFrance.com in January when I was looking at a car my daughter was buying.  The seller was telling me about his trip to the South of France this summer, and I shared that I have the same plans, too!  He suggested the podcast.  I haven’t stopped listening since.

My husband and I are long time Francophiles.  We both have bachelors degrees in French Language and Literature, but sadly, my French has not been in use very often.  I can often understand anyting I read, but I still have a difficult time understanding quickly-spoken French.

I have been to Paris et environs many times.  The last time I was there was February 2019, shortly before everything shut down.  We bought tickets for August of 2019 to go to the South of France, thinking the pandemic would be over.  Finally, after three years, we are going to take a month-long trip to the South of France this summer, using the credits from the trip we had to cancel.  I bought a map of France, and we created a route from Bordeaux to Nice, with stops and stays in the Cathar region.  ( I was delighted to discover the new podast on the Cathar religion and look forward to more!)

However, before we make this journey, I will be joining my husband in Paris in 10 days.  He is there for work for a month.  I am looking forward to non-touristy adventures, as I have already done the usual.

Thank you to Annie and all those who make this group happen!  I am thoroughly greatful!

-Judi

Note:  I’m the short one in my profile.  The tall one is my daughter, who was with me at Versailles in 2/2019.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar