Greetings Fellow Francophiles

Homepage Forums Introduce yourself! Greetings Fellow Francophiles

Tagged: 

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Diane
    Participant

Hello everyone, I’m Diane from Pittsburgh Pennsylvania.  I’m delighted to join as a supporter of Annie’s wonderful podcast.  My husband and I retired earlier than originally planned (thanks Covid19) and listening to the Join Us In France Podcast was a definite bright spot during the pandemic-stay-at-home times.  It takes me to France at least in my mind.  That and doing jigsaw puzzles depicting Paris.  And baking Pear Clafoutis (thanks Ina Garten).  And looking at my Shutterfly photo albums from previous 8 trips to France since 2008.  I will make recipes from Annie’s cookbook as soon as I figure out where I misplaced it in the house.

Finally we have three week trip planned for June/July this year to French Riviera (1st time) and Provence.  We are triple vaxxed not afraid to wear a mask, and who knows, maybe another booster shot will happen before then.

Normally I’m not much of a club joiner (except back in the day, girlscouts), but in retirement, it seems like a fine idea.  And I figure any France-loving community is ideal….my people!

• This topic was modified 2 years, 2 months ago by Diane.
    Annie Sargent
    Keymaster

Bonjour Diane,

Bienvenue ! It warms my heart to hear that listening to the podcast helped you during the pandemic. Sounds like you’ve kept yourself really busy. I think the cookbook is in the guest room 😉

Have a great day!

Annie

Mike Branch
    Participant

Bonjour Diane,

I look forward to hearing about your experiences in France. It sounds wonderful.

I am considering a trip this spring, but I haven’t made any commitments yet.

Mike

Diane
    Participant

Found the cookbook!  Now I’m going back in time and listening to many of your earlier podcasts you made before I discovered you…often listening while I get my 10,000 steps a day in–gotta keep in shape for walking in France!  I look forward to a new one or two podcasts every day.

Diane
    Participant

Hi Mike, thanks for your greetings!  Good luck with your France travel plans!

Annie Sargent
    Keymaster

What’s holding you back from taking a trip this spring Mike? Are you worried about the war in Ukraine?

Brooke
    Participant

Coucou Diane! You’ll love Provence and you are right to get in your steps before your visit. I love clafoutis! Jacques Pepin and his daughter co-wrote a bilingual cookbook that includes a traditional clafoutis recipe also. It’s a fun cookbook to have around for learning French whilst cooking with your English brain. Bon séjour 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar