Jeanne d’Arc

Homepage Forums Photography Jeanne d’Arc

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Patricia Perry
    Participant

Patricia Perry
    Participant

Patricia Perry
    Participant

Annie Sargent
    Keymaster

OMG I didn’t know this was Jeanne d’Arc! How did you find out?

Patricia Perry
    Participant

The statue is a woman warrior & the artist name is on the base, info link

https://e-monumen.net/patrimoine-monumental/jeanne-darc-ou-la-france-renaissante-paris/

Annie Sargent
    Keymaster

Thank you Patricia, really interesting stuff. I am always looking for Joan of Arc statues and I find them in the most unlikely places. And here was a statue I’ve seen a 100 times and never identified as Jeanne! But she has the halo, the horse, the sword. The attitude is indeed completely different that her normal depiction. I love it!

Kim Loftus
    Participant

Merci, Patricia! These are beautiful and seeing them is almost like I walked up and was there myself!

Kim

Eva Jorgensen
    Participant

Oh I didn’t know that statue, but now I want to visit, thanks!

Kim Loftus
    Participant

Eva – I enjoyed your episode with Annie and I am going to buy a copy of your book, Paris by Design. I can’t wait to read it!

Eva Jorgensen
    Participant

Thank you Kim! Loved talking with Annie. And thank you! I’d love to hear what you think when you’re through if you get a chance. 🙂

Patricia Perry
    Participant

Jeanne d’Arc head closeup

Patricia Perry
    Participant
    Kim Loftus
    Participant

Merci! This is so interesting. I have not seen a close up like this, and the halo is positioned in a different way than usual. Again, I appreciate your sharing – it’s an excellent virtual visit!

Annie Sargent
    Keymaster

She looks fierce!

Patricia Perry
    Participant

Jeanne has stiff competition for photos at this spot with a panoramic view of the Seine and the Eiffel Tower. It is a favored spot for wedding photos, but it has been pretty quiet this year. The statue has no signage and most people do not recognize Jeanne.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar