Petit Bouillon Pharamond in the 1e arrondissement

Homepage Forums Food Petit Bouillon Pharamond in the 1e arrondissement

Tagged: 

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Annie Sargent
    Keymaster

Next time I’m in Paris, I want to check out the Petit Bouillon Pharamond in Les Halles. It’s a small place that’s been serving classic French food since 1832. Their signature dish is Tripes à la mode de Caen (see below). If you google it, you’ll see that they serve a few other classics, thank goodness!

It’s my sort of place because they don’t take reservations and they serve non-stop noon until midnight. Their website is fun: https://www.petitbouillonpharamond.com/

The recipe for Tripes à la mode de Caen is very old, but it was cemented by Marie Bernard around 1850. It includes both calvados and cidre which were really common in Normandy long ago and you can find everywhere now. The recipe also calls for a variety of spices and is slow cooked. IMO, it would be delicious if it didn’t include tripes 😉

Have you eaten at the Petit Bouillon Pharamond? Have you tried Tripes à la mode de Caen? Should I make myself order those tripes?

Kristi
    Participant

The menu sounds interesting, and the prices seem very reasonable. Is this on your new walking food tour? What did you think of the food?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar