What’s your favourite Champagne?

Homepage Forums Food What’s your favourite Champagne?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Jenny
    Participant

This picture was at Moët & Chandon but my favourite is Billecart-Salmon. Of course, I can rarely afford that so I mostly settle for a Prosecco or a nice Australian sparkling wine.

Annie Sargent
    Keymaster

I have to confess that I don’t love Champagne. These days super dry Champagne is all the rage and I’d rather have a cheap demi-sec alternative. One of the tricks they used to denigrate “demi-sec” bubblies (that aren’t made in Champagne) was by spreading the word that the cheap stuff was supposed to give you a headache. I say the only way to get a headache is to drink the whole bottle which one shouldn’t do! Call me a cheap date, I’m OK with it. Crémant and Blanquette are more my cup of bubbles 🙂

Jenny
    Participant

One of Australia’s top wine makers was quite passionate about saying that everyone should drink what they like. I agree. There’s no point drinking something you don’t enjoy just because the “experts” tell you you should. I like a dry bubbly (whether Champagne or cheap sparkling). Thankfully it doesn’t give me a headache, unlike still wine which will.

Nan Deniston
    Participant

I very strongly recommend Mailly Grand Cru. I spent about an hour consulting with a champagne expert asking them for recommendations for my son’s recent wedding. I thought I liked Veuve Cliquot but they recommended a much smoother better champagne. They explained that the “grand Maisons” are just trading on their labels and not a better tasting champagne. Try Mailly. It’s very easy to drink with no dry Sharp aftertaste and cheaper than other choices.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar